(10 yrs +) – Austin TX
Marmon Mok Architecture, a leading Texas architectural practice, seeks a talented individual for our Austin architecture team. The preferred candidate will be passionate about elevating people and communities through thoughtful, beautiful, and impactful buildings!
Construction Administrator, full-time
This position requires strong understanding of building systems, materials, construction methods, and construction administration.
- Conduct periodic on-site observation of construction progress
- Examine and adequately understand project specifications and architectural documents
- Work on construction sites and coordinating and/or managing construction projects within the scope of responsibility of the architect
- Work cooperatively with other departments and ensuring compliance to timeframes of the contract.
- Assist with the evaluation of all contract documents, prepare reports for any deficiencies noted in the contract documents and notify the project manager for any required corrective actions.
- Comply strictly with safety requirements by ensuring strict adherence to construction and safety regulations of the job site as required by the contractor.
- Document construction activities, as required, observed while on site and evaluate the progress of construction projects
- Prepare change orders, respond to RF!’s, prepare ASI’s, PR’s, Change Orders, field reports, review submittals, prepare red-lines, issue drawing corrections
- Experience with commercial and/or civic projects preferred, 10 years or more preferred
- Strong understanding of construction methods and materials, scheduling, processing payment applications. Fundamental knowledge of building systems, building codes and regulations, construction costs and estimating, and the architects role in construction administration per the contract between the owner and architect and the owner and contractor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, assertive, organized, detail-oriented, and professional
- Strong interpersonal skills, must work collaboratively with other project members
- Excellent time management skills – cognizant of deadlines and sense of urgency
- Excellent project management skills, adherence to project schedules
- Fluency in Project Management software (Bluebeam preferred)
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD preferred
- Willingness to work at and from construction sites
- Some regional travel required, willingness to drive personal vehicle to project sites. MIleage will be reimbursed.
- Must be able to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces, must be able to safely climb ladders, and be able to wear personal protection equipment on job sites, possess ability to lift 25 lbs regularly
- Bachelor’s degree in a construction-related field preferred
Marmon Mok/Metroplan, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.